Precast Concrete 101: Modeling & documentation in Revit [WEBINAR]
In this free 30-minute webinar we’ll give an expert-level tutorial of how to use our Precast Concrete design software for Revit, showing how it streamlines the modeling, detailing, and documentation process for structural engineers, drafters, and BIM modelers. What will you get out of this webinar? We’ll get into specifics like splitting Revit walls into precast wall panels and then automatically inserting connections, grout tubes, plates, and lifting anchors on all of them based on predefined configurations. As you may know from experience, modeling reinforcement for precast walls and beams takes hours to do manually, so instead we’ll generate rebar automatically. And the long, tedious process of making shop drawings with proper dimensions and views will be done in a jiffy during this webinar using our Precast Concrete software tool.
The webinar will be held twice on April 9th, so please register for the session that’s more convenient for you. We especially invite out-of-box Revit users and those thinking of switching from AutoCAD 2D to the BIM platform to join in!
Topics to be covered:
- Splitting Revit walls into wall panels
- Creating and laying out precast slabs
- Inserting details, connections, and cuts on slabs and wall panels
- Inserting connection details for columns – corbels, column shoes, bolts, etc.
- Inserting lifting anchors based on gravity point
- Inserting cuts, anchoring holes, connection details, plates, etc. into beams
- Updating and modifying connections
- Precast wall reinforcement
- Precast beam reinforcement
- Assigning mark values based on rules for any type of precast element
- Creating assemblies and shop drawings with automatic dimensions, scheduling, and sheets
Our Precast Concrete design software for Autodesk Revit enables you to easily model prefabricated concrete walls, floor slabs, columns, and beams; batch-insert connection details (lifting anchors, bolts, cuts, couplers, corbels, etc.); place rebar in wall panels (solid, double, and sandwich) and beams (rectangular, L, and IT); and quickly generate shop tickets with proper element views, dimensions, and bills of materials. Since it runs on Revit, you get full project updates in real time. All that ensures quality production and accurate assembly on site.
Here’s a sneak preview of some of what Valensas will show you in this webinar:
We hope to see you online!
Download our TOOLS4BIM Dock (it’s free), and take a trial of our Precast Concrete BIM Software PLUS get instant access to our free extensions: Smart Select, Smart Browser Free, and Cut Opening Free.
Related blog posts
- BIM Is Very Good for Precast, Revit Is Ideal: An interview with Valensas and Donatas (CEO, AGACAD)
- Kerkhoff Engineering continues to find ever more advantages in AGACAD’s Precast suite [CLIENT STORY]
- @Revit 2020/2019 users: Free Dynamo scripts for wall rebar [Free Download]
- AGACAD becomes one of Autodesk’s first AEC Industry Partners for Precast Concrete design in Revit
- Dutch firm’s precast work gets a major boost from AGACAD BIM software and support [CLIENT STORY]
- BIM solution Precast Concrete delivers new features
- How to Create Concrete Details for Precast Sandwich Walls
- Savolainen: Precast suite has “game-breaker” BIM tools [CLIENT STORY]
- Precast Concrete Update: New possibilities for precast structures and special workflow for parking garages
- Hanssen: Smart Assemblies is a “critically important tool” [CLIENT STORY]
- Norconsult: “The Precast Concrete suite brought efficiency and flexibility” [CLIENT STORY]
- An overview of modeling precast slabs, walls, columns & beams in Revit
- How to prepare and use Revit schedule tables in Smart Assemblies
- JPS-Konsult: “We’re hooked on Precast Concrete and other AGACAD solutions” [CLIENT STORY]