Cut Opening 101: Making penetration holes in Revit [WEBINAR]
In this free 30-minute webinar we’ll give an expert-level tutorial on how to create penetration holes for ducts, pipes, conduit, cable trays, and beams and how to control their parameters in a Revit® project using our Cut Opening BIM Solution. The result you’ll see is a structural project with openings in the walls and floors for various MEP elements from a linked file and with user pre-defined offsets. All openings will be tagged to provide information about their size, shape, elevation, and dependence on the MEP system.
The webinar will be held twice on April 7th, so please register for the session that’s more convenient for you. It’s especially for MEP engineers & coordinators, structural engineers, architects, and BIM coordinators. Join us!
Topics to be covered:
- Available settings in Cut Opening
- Generating openings for MEP services
- Controlling and modifying openings
- Opening element families and their parameters
- Tagging openings
Cut Opening Revit extension is BIM software that automatically inserts penetration holes for MEP services, building structures, doors and windows in Autodesk Revit. After processing interference check results, it creates proper openings wherever ducts, pipes, cable trays, or conduit intersect walls, floors, ceilings, roofs, beams, and columns and will insert fire safety components in structures that have a fire rating.
Here’s a sneak preview of what Aleksandras will show you in this webinar:
We hope to see you online!
Interested in precast concrete design or wood/metal framing in Revit?
They’re also in this week’s webinar series:
Wednesday, April 8 | Framing Timber & Steel Walls in Revit 101
Thursday, April 9 | Precast Concrete 101: Modeling & documentation in Revit
Download our TOOLS4BIM Dock (it’s free), and take a trial of our Cut Opening BIM Solution PLUS get instant access to our free extensions: Cut Opening Free, Smart Select, and Smart Browser Free.
Related blog posts
- NIRAS A/S: “AGACAD’s Cut Opening software supports our Lean BIM processes”
- MEP Services, Fire Safety Components & Builders Work Drawings
- Cut Opening improvements based on leading Scandinavian companies
- Tips & Tricks: Insert real openings in place of AutoCAD IFC voids
- NEW FEATURE: Calculate Opening elevation from Level Above
- Video Q&A: How do you find an opening’s dimensions and elevation?