BIM software for heavy timber post-and-beam framing design, construction, and fabrication in Revit®
Wood Framing OAK lets Revit® users instantly frame mass timber walls, floors, and roofs; create post-and-beam (also called post-and-lintel) framing structures; perform structural analysis; generate custom shop drawings for manufacturing and constructing log houses or heavy timber frame homes; and optionally export to CNC machine.
Functions are versatile, parameters easy to control, and changes occur in real time. No more drafting – just design and decide, knowing you’ll get a high-quality model.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2021, 2020, 2019
Read the workflow for framing a heavy timber building in Revit using Wood Framing OAK.
- Set up configurations and standards for creating wall, floor, and roof frames using heavy timbers.
- Auto-generate truss framing and define detailed, multi-layer rafters in a snap using fully customizable rules and templates.
- Distribute & manage details for creating plank-and-beam framing connections with cuts common for heavy timber / oak frames using Smart Connections.
- Easily prepare shop drawings and cut lists with all required views and where elements are dimensioned, sorted, tagged, scheduled, and mass is calculated.
- Export post-&-beam framing elements and details to a CNC machine or CAD/CAM production line. Read more about CNC Exporters for timber frames in Revit.
|BIM SOFTWARE FOR EFFICIENT DESIGN OF WOOD-FRAME WALLS|
Automate timber wall framing in Revit® projects with Wood Framing Wall+. Being powerful, flexible, and easy to use, it helps you make optimal choices, move much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to wall segment fabrication and construction.
|WALL & JOIN MANAGEMENT|
A powerful add-on for managing walls in Revit®, letting you rapidly disassemble layers into different wall types, fully control joins and gap distances, split walls into separate panels with predefined settings, insert gravity points, and manage information with an export-to-Excel feature.
|TIMBER FLOOR FRAMING|
Automate wood framing of floors in Revit® projects using powerful, flexible and easy to use solution Wood Framing Floors+. It helps you make better decisions, move much faster and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to segment fabrication and construction.
Floor Panel Layout
|PREFABRICATED FLOOR PANELING|
Take the architect’s designed floor and automate panel layout planning. The software Floor Panel Layout draws symbolic lines to indicate the future panels according to predefined rules. Then it creates real Revit® floor panels.
|TIMBER-BASED TRUSS FRAMING|
Generate wood truss systems instantly, perform structural analysis, and auto-generate shop drawings tailored to your standards. Functions are versatile, parameters are easy to control, and changes occur in real time.
Roof Panel Layout
|PREFABRICATED ROOF PANELING|
Plan roof panels easily and split them into segments for prefabrication which can then be used in the roof framing process.
|ROOF PANEL FRAMING|
Automated creation of prefabricated wood framing and rafter structures for roofs in Revit® models. Powerful features simplify creation of roof joists, battens, valley joists, roof boards, and more. The software automates shop drawings, including the sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling of all frames.
|PRECISION OPENINGS FOR MEP SERVICES AND BUILDING STRUCTURES|
Create openings with fire safety components throughout a Revit® model where ducts, pipes, cable trays and conduits intersect with walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, beams and columns. BIM solution Cut Opening creates openings with special holding details for structural beams.
|FLEXIBLE ELEMENT AND GRID RENUMBERING|
Renumber Revit® elements just the way you want, detect and renumber grids, determine swing direction and orientation (and add them as properties), recalculate shared coordinates, and much more.
|SHOP DRAWING GENERATION WITH RELEVANT VIEWS & DIMENSIONS|
Create views of heavy timber structures – post and beam walls, floors, roofs, solid beams and columns – with automatic dimensions and place them into sheets for easier mass timber construction.
|AUTOMATED LOD 400 MODELING IN REVIT|
Insert grout tubes, cast-in plates, anchor bolts, lifting bolts, and cuts on any surface of beams and walls.
Want to find out if this is the right solution for you? Our professionals can help you quickly find out how this software will benefit your design process.
To properly assess the software, you’ll need sample families, sample configurations, and personal training with our engineers. For that we offer a Paid Trial* that includes:
*For more information, see our FAQ page.
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
Eurocode 5: Design of timber structures – Part 1-1: General – Common rules and rules for buildings (EN 1995-1-1:2004: E)
Standards Australia AS 1684.2-2010 Residential timber-framed construction
Standards Australia AS 1720.1-2010 Timber structures – Design methods
New Zealand Standard ZS 3604:2011 / Timber Framed Buildings
CWC (Canadian Wood Council) Wood Design Manual including CSA O86 Standard and CWC Commentary on CSA O86 (2010).
National Design Specification® (NDS®) for Wood Construction (NDS 2015). American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA). American Wood Council, Washington DC, 2015.
The Encyclopedia of Trusses. Alpine Engineered Products, Inc., 2003.
Truss Design Procedures and Specifications for Light Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses / TPIC – 2014. Truss Plate Institute of Canada (TPIC), 2014.
Using Narrow Pieces of Wood Structural Panel Sheathing in Wood Shear Walls. American Plywood Association (APA), The Engineered Wood Association, Tacoma, Washington, 2005.
Learn more about the AGACAD products by reading our selected brochures.
Latest related posts
- Revit Relief: Flexible Terms for Leading BIM Solutions
- Perpetual Licenses of AGACAD BIM Solutions for Revit up to 50% off until Christmas
- Rihter: AGACAD framing solutions for BIM help stay at the cutting edge
- Framing Timber Walls, Floors & Roofs in Revit: Modeling & Documentation [WEBINAR]
- Making Openings for Beams, Doors & Windows in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Framing with Heavy Timber in Revit [WEBINAR]
- AGACAD Solutions Compatible with Revit 2021
- CNC Exporters for Timber Frames in Revit
- Exporting Wood/Metal Framing BIM Models from Revit to CNC Machines or CAD/CAM Production Lines [WEBINAR]
- Revit Massing (Pt. I) : In-Place Mass vs Mass Family
View all »