Precast Concrete impact on sustainability
Concrete holds a very significant place in the built environment, and precast concrete is more sustainable than cast-in-place concrete.
AGACAD promotes the use of precast over cast-in-place concrete and supports more ecological precast solutions through its Precast Concrete suite for Revit. Some key sustainability benefits of AGACAD’s tools for precast concrete:
- 3D modelling helps to see more design options and achieve better efficiency.
- Precise geometry means accurate bills of materials, for example for concrete and reinforcement bar, so only what is needed is procured, reducing waste to a minimum.
- Model accuracy ensures quality documentation and helps identify errors during the design phase, which means there will be fewer mistakes and less rework during construction.
- Much better management of project information means that for any design changes, take-offs update automatically, avoiding rework and orders of unneeded materials.
- Models enable a paperless building process and the use of augmented and virtual reality on site, with drawings no longer needed for control or as-built deliverables.
- Solutions for efficient packing and transport planning reduce both emissions and the depletion of energy resources.
Learn more about the impact of AGACAD products on sustainability in this document.