Wood framing wall software for 3D modeling gable, dormer, and other complex multilayer timber walls in Revit®
Wood Framing Wall makes wood framing of walls fast and easy with real-time full project updates in Revit. Plus it generates views with automatic dimensions for wall panels or segments as well as accurate bills of materials and shop drawings. So quality production and accurate assembly on site are ensured.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2023, 2022, 2021
Connectors, cuts, supports, and other details can be distributed based on predefined rules or connection types. They can then be modified or updated to suit the project design stage and the level of detail required. Wall frames and the layout of frame elements and details can be modified and updated whenever the project is changed. Dynamic update functionality can make changes to all walls frames of the same type at once.
Wall frame elements in the project can be easily marked based on their properties and locations in the wall layer. And information for fabrication can be automatically generated with all desired views, schedules, and drawings for each wall panel.
THE ULTIMATE TIMBER WALL SOFTWARE FOR REVIT
Automate wood framing of walls in Revit® projects using BIM solution Wood Framing Wall+. Being powerful, flexible, and easy to use, it helps you make optimal choices, move much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to wall segment fabrication and construction.
- Create detailed multi-layer timber wall framing for your Revit model in a snap using fully customizable rules and templates.
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface.
- Control stud, nogging, bridging, blocking, bracing placement, diverse openings, configure complex L or T connections, details, service hole positions and more.
- Auto-distribute nailers, siding, and fastenings.
- Create all log house elements and group (pack)/number them automatically.
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules.
- One-click generation of shop drawings and cut lists; get real-time take-offs and views, automatic sorting, dimensioning.
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit or export your wood frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process.
- Optional export to any CNC machines and CAD/CAM production lines, such as WEINMANN, Randek, etc.
WALL & JOIN MANAGEMENT
A powerful add-on for managing walls in Revit®, letting you rapidly disassemble layers into different wall types, fully control joins and gap distances, split walls into separate panels with predefined settings, insert gravity points, and manage information with an export-to-Excel feature.
- Manage information of all walls in your project.
- Export filtered, grouped, or selected information to Excel.
- Decompose wall layers into separate wall types according to user’s predefined configuration.
- Fully control joins and gap distances between walls.
- Insert gravity points.
- Add additional information about real wall orientation, elevation, or coordinates.
- Split walls at exact locations by using grid lines, openings, or other walls.
- Split walls automatically by predefined panel size.
PRECISION OPENINGS FOR MEP SERVICES AND BUILDING STRUCTURES
Automatically create openings throughout a Revit® model where ducts, pipes, cable trays and conduits intersect with walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, beams and columns. BIM solution Cut Opening creates openings with special holding details for structural beams.
- Add openings with predefined sizes in accordance with MEP line based element sizes, categories and system classifications.
- Automatically join openings with predefined configurations.
- Automatically insert Fire Dampers where ducts clash with walls, floors, ceilings or roofs with fire rating.
- Automatically insert structural openings for separated architectural and structural models.
- Enhance BIM-team work and deliverables for integrated project delivery (IPD).
FLEXIBLE ELEMENT AND GRID RENUMBERING
Renumber Revit® elements just the way you want, detect and renumber grids, determine swing direction and orientation (and add them as properties), recalculate shared coordinates, and much more.
- Detects grid geometry and renumbers them after any change in the project.
- Powerful and flexible functions allow renumbering of any Revit elements (Doors, Windows, Beams, Columns, Pipes, etc.) in a number of different ways.
- Writes swing direction for the doors into the door’s properties.
- Writes flip/mirror orientation for the selected elements.
- Creates new shared parameters.
- Possibility to save numbering settings under the separate name.
- Possibility to sort elements in Ascending/Descending order, and more.
MAKING VIEWS & PLACING DIMENSIONS FAST IN REVIT®
Get sections and elevation drawings for any building element easily using functions that create views and dimensions for selected elements quickly.
- Uses configurations instead of manual work
- Crops views to the element size
- Creates automatic dimensions based on defined configurations
- Applies view templates to all new views
- Creates the number of views you set in the configurations for multiple selected elements
- Renames views based on configurations
- Apply dimensioning rules to any Revit view or selected elements in view
Want to find out if this is the right solution for you? Our professionals can help you quickly find out how this software will benefit your design process.
FRAME YOUR PROJECT!
Don’t waste time reading technical documentation, and see that this is the solution for you! Our Expert will frame a part of your project, demonstrate software functionality, and share best practices and the most efficient way of framing, taking into account your current needs.
Duration: 2 hour. Cost: 280$/280€
You’ll leave the demonstration with:
– Part of your project already framed;
– Your questions answered;
– 30-day software trial;
– Support during the trial period.
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
Eurocode 5: Design of timber structures – Part 1-1: General – Common rules and rules for buildings (EN 1995-1-1:2004: E)
Standards Australia AS 1684.2-2010 Residential timber-framed construction
Standards Australia AS 1720.1-2010 Timber structures – Design methods
New Zealand Standard NZS 3604:2011 / Timber Framed Buildings
CWC (Canadian Wood Council) Wood Design Manual including CSA O86 Standard and CWC Commentary on CSA O86 (2010).
National Design Specification® (NDS®) for Wood Construction (NDS 2015). American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA). American Wood Council, Washington DC, 2015.
The Encyclopedia of Trusses. Alpine Engineered Products, Inc., 2003.
Truss Design Procedures and Specifications for Light Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses / TPIC – 2014. Truss Plate Institute of Canada (TPIC), 2014.
Using Narrow Pieces of Wood Structural Panel Sheathing in Wood Shear Walls. American Plywood Association (APA), The Engineered Wood Association, Tacoma, Washington, 2005.
Learn more about the AGACAD products by reading our selected brochures.
- Saves time. Lots. Wood Framing Wall is built for quick project development that's up to code. Automated wall framing & shop drawing generation lets you fly through building design.
- Shop drawings on the go. From the moment you frame your first wall, shop drawings are produced in step with you. Easy-to-make templates mean you can simply check if everything is alright, adjust as needed & you’re ready to deliver your project.
- Easy-to-Use UI. Everything in Wood Framing Wall is a mouse click away. Choose what needs to be modified & apply the necessary function. Workflow was tested with untrained professionals who helped to optimize this solution for you.
- Single solution. Complete the process of modelling, framing, tagging, dimensioning & scheduling in one place.
Owner of Timber Works Inc., USA
"Wood Framing takes the guess work out of the framing and ensures that we are able to offer our clients the highest standard of construction."
Panel Designer at Deltec Homes, Inc., USA
“My colleagues and I are very happy with the much-improved quality of the shop drawings I’m able to produce with Wood Framing Wall. I’m now working directly from the same model we generate all our plans from, so the potential for error is much reduced. I also now have control over my deliverables for the shop: I can include a lot more information than before, and I can exclude unnecessary information that used to clutter up panel sheets. One example of major improvements is that sheathing used to be just listed in a table, now it’s all drawn out graphically and easy to understand, which reduces the chance the shop could make a mistake.”
Latest related posts
- Wood/Metal Framing for Revit: Recent key improvements
- New feature for Sort Mark Revit plugin: Differentiate similar elements by geometry
- AGACAD Advances | 2023 No. 1
- Wood/Metal Framing for Revit: The Most Significant Enhancements of 2021/2022 (Pt. 2)
- Deltec Homes upgrades its innovative panel work
- Wood/Metal Framing for Revit: The Most Significant Enhancements of 2021/2022 (Pt. 1)
- Long-term Solutions to Design & Manufacture Timber Buildings [WEBINAR]
- AGACAD Advances | Mid-Year 2022
- AGACAD software released for Revit 2023
- How to launch AGACAD’s Revit add-ons via Dynamo
View all »