Wood Framing Rafter+ Overview
Wood Rafter Systems in Revit® for Any Geometry
Wood Framing Rafter+ lets you quickly create full rafter systems in Revit® models for timber frame roofs of any shape or complexity. Custom-framing functions and versatile schedule generation further accelerate BIM workflow. No more drafting – you just design and decide.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2017, 2018, 2019
- Frame an entire roof based on its 3D model including hip/valley rafters, ridges, girders, collars, battens, horizontal beams, sleepers, trimmers, etc.
- Auto-detect and frame roof openings; cope ends of existing beams
- Freely revise your Revit® model; update and adapt rafters and beam systems
- Get real-time take-offs and auto-sorting
Selected additional Wood Framing Rafter+ features:
Easy control of vertical distance of collar and
Extension/trimming of beams, splitting/recreation of beam systems
Frame elements are easily grouped, sorted and renumbered
All templates and rules fully customizable; popular schedule
Configurations save as templates for future reuse with just one
Built-in clash detection; works well with Cut Opening
User-friendly interface with intuitive mouse-driven menus
Optional CNC output (Hundegger, Randek, Weinmann, …) to joinery machines and multi panels production lines enables your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
Eurocode 5: Design of timber structures – Part 1-1: General – Common rules and rules for buildings (EN 1995-1-1:2004: E)
Standards Australia AS 1684.2-2010 Residential timber-framed construction
Standards Australia AS 1720.1-2010 Timber structures – Design methods
New Zealand Standard NZS 3604:2011 / Timber Framed Buildings
CWC (Canadian Wood Council) Wood Design Manual including CSA O86 Standard and CWC Commentary on CSA O86 (2010).
National Design Specification® (NDS®) for Wood Construction (NDS 2015). American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA). American Wood Council, Washington DC, 2015.
The Encyclopedia of Trusses. Alpine Engineered Products, Inc., 2003.
Truss Design Procedures and Specifications for Light Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses / TPIC – 2014. Truss Plate Institute of Canada (TPIC), 2014.
Using Narrow Pieces of Wood Structural Panel Sheathing in Wood Shear Walls. American Plywood Association (APA), The Engineered Wood Association, Tacoma, Washington, 2005.
Part of the AGACAD Wood Framing Roof, a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit and the insights of global BIM experts. (Wood Framing Suite is also available for purchase — CONTACT US.)
- Fast, Simple and Powerful Modeling. Easy-to-use tools allow you to automatically create beam systems for all roof slopes together and complete the framing of any roof shape.
- Reduction of Errors. Increased quality in all framing projects created in Revit.
- Better Productivity. Dramatically increase your productivity by easily creating complex wood framing geometry.