Revit® Turbocharger for Timber Frame Floors
Wood Framing Floor+ automates wood framing work with floors in Revit® projects. It’s powerful, flexible and easy to use. It helps you make better decisions, move much faster and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to segment fabrication and construction.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2021, 2020, 2019
- Auto-generate detailed multilayer floor framing for your Revit model using predefined or custom rules and templates
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface
- Easily control supporting structure, including battens and flooring; distribute details, service holes and more
- Automate sheathing layouts
- Freely revise your Revit model by easily selecting the elements and properties you want to modify
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules
- Easily prepare shop drawings and cut lists, with all required views, where elements are dimensioned, sorted, tagged, scheduled, and mass calculated
- Optional export to any CNC machines and CAD/CAM production lines, such as WEINMANN, Randek, etc.
- Floor frames update and adapt according to any changes
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit, or export your wood frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process
Selected additional Wood Framing Floor+ features:
• Automated modeling of floor’s wood framing members including joists, battens, bridging, blockings, rims, noggings, and more.
• Fully scalable: from simple structures to complex multi-level buildings with irregular floor shapes.
• Easily transfer framing elements between same groups or identical floors in different levels of buildings by predefining which elements the building designer is going to affect: all floors from the same model group, from the instance model group, or selected floor should be unique in the building.
• Framing types easily linked with floor types; can be preset for bearing or non-bearing floors.
• Complex multi-layer floor framing: unlimited number of layers.
• Automated details (support clips, hangers, web stiffeners, service holes, etc.) on bridgings, blockings and rim joists.
• Alignment of joists across floor segments and between floors and walls.
• Floor frame can be modified any time and supplemented with additional members.
• Sheathing layouts can be easily generated and split by existing joists.
• Built-in clash detection between structural and engineering objects; automated floor openings and flexible framing around it.
• Library with main types of floor framing can be edited and expanded.
• Automatic sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling (including mass) of all frames and sheathing layouts.
• Shop drawing views and schedules are added automatically to sheets according to user’s predefined template.
• All templates and rules are fully customizable; framing sheathing and shop drawing configurations can be saved
• Easy setup, user-friendly interface with intuitive mouse-driven options.
• Optional CNC output (Hundegger, Randek, Weinmann, …) to joinery machines and multi-panel production lines enables your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing.
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
Eurocode 5: Design of timber structures – Part 1-1: General – Common rules and rules for buildings (EN 1995-1-1:2004: E)
Standards Australia AS 1684.2-2010 Residential timber-framed construction
Standards Australia AS 1720.1-2010 Timber structures – Design methods
New Zealand Standard NZS 3604:2011 / Timber Framed Buildings
CWC (Canadian Wood Council) Wood Design Manual including CSA O86 Standard and CWC Commentary on CSA O86 (2010).
National Design Specification® (NDS®) for Wood Construction (NDS 2015). American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA). American Wood Council, Washington DC, 2015.
The Encyclopedia of Trusses. Alpine Engineered Products, Inc., 2003.
Truss Design Procedures and Specifications for Light Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses / TPIC – 2014. Truss Plate Institute of Canada (TPIC), 2014.
Using Narrow Pieces of Wood Structural Panel Sheathing in Wood Shear Walls. American Plywood Association (APA), The Engineered Wood Association, Tacoma, Washington, 2005
Part of the AGACAD Wood Framing Floor, a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit and the insights of global BIM experts. (Wood Framing Suite is also available for purchase — CONTACT US.)
- Saves Lots of Time. Wood Framing Floor+ is built for quick project development. Standardized and automated floor framing, and shop drawing generation enables users to jump over a few major steps in building design.
- Shop Drawings on the Go. Shop drawings are produced almost at the same time you frame your first floor. It is easy to make templates allowing user to forget about this process. Check whether everything is alright in the end, adjust a few things and you’re ready to deliver your project.
- Easily Operated User Interface. Everything in Wood Framing Floor+ is a mouse click away. Choose what needs to be modified, and click the function, which is comfortably listed in user-friendly menu. Workflow was tested with professional engineers who helped to optimize and find the perfect solution for you.
Latest related posts
- New Version of Wood/Metal Framing: Plate Connections, Cripple Control & more
- Thorn Engineering values AGACAD as a partner in its timber framing work
- Framing Timber Walls, Floors & Roofs in Revit: Modeling & Documentation [WEBINAR]
- Revit Massing (Pt. III): Applying Geometry to Masses
- From Conceptual Mass to Shop Drawings in under 30 minutes [VIDEO added]
- Framing with CLT Panels in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Revit Massing (Pt. II): Creating a Conceptual Mass Family
- From Conceptual Mass to Structural Framing with Wood/Metal Framing Floor
- Framing Timber/Steel Floors in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Scottish firm’s DfMA-level CLT Revit models benefit greatly from unique BIM software
View all »