Revit® Steel Roof Rafter Creator for Any Geometry
Metal Framing Rafter+ lets you quickly create full rafter systems in Revit® models for light gauge steel frame roofs of any shape or complexity. Custom-framing functions and versatile schedule generation further accelerate BIM workflow. No more drafting – just decide and design.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2022, 2021, 2020
- Frame an entire roof based on its 3D model, including hip/valley rafters, ridge, girder, collar, batten beams, horizontal beams, sleepers, trimmers, etc.
- Auto-detect and frame roof openings; cope ends of existing beams
- Freely revise your Revit® model; rafters and beam systems update and adapt
- Get real-time take-offs and auto-sorting
Key features of Metal Framing Rafter+:
- Easy control of vertical distance of collar and girder beams
- Full control of birdsmouth joint parameters, cutting of existing rafters
- Extension/trimming of beams, splitting/recreation of beam systems
- Frame elements are easily grouped, sorted, and renumbered
- Perform static analysis in Revit or export analytic model to structural analysis software at any stage of design process
- All templates and rules fully customizable; popular schedule templates included
- Configurations save as templates for future reuse with just one click
- Built-in clash detection; works well with Cut Opening
- User-friendly interface with intuitivemouse-driven menus and options
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
NASH Standard – Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
NASH Standard – Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
Building Enclosure Design Guide– Wood Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings. Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
Part of the AGACAD Metal Framing Roof, a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit and the insights of global BIM experts. (Metal Framing Suite is also available for purchase — CONTACT US.)
- Simple and Powerful Modeling. Easy-to-use tools allow you create metal beam systems for all roof slopes together automatically and complete the framing of any roof shape.
- Reduction of Errors. Increased quality in all framing projects created in Revit.
- Better Productivity. Dramatically increase your productivity by easily creating complex steel framing geometry.
Architect at ECOliving, Ecuador
Metal Framing: "We are very happy and pleased with the AGACAD software, it has helped us all through what we have needed to do, and the most important part is that with AGACAD we can get the constructive blueprint of elements we are going to use in the whole structure, definitely a software highly recommended if what you need is related to Steel framing."