Effective management of MEP supports in Revit® models
MEP Hangers provides a set of tools for distributing hangers and supports along ducts (round or rectangular), pipes, cable trays, and conduits.
MEP Hangers allows users to work with functionality beyond that contained in Autodesk® Revit®. This BIM solution expands the Autodesk possibilities and lets users work with hundreds of elements at the same time. With MEP Hangers, Revit users can distribute hangers and supports along line-based elements using the most popular distribution rules.
MEP Hangers allows you to work with advanced functionality beyond that contained in Autodesk® Revit®, expanding the possibilities and letting you work with hundreds of elements at the same time. With MEP Hangers, Revit users have exclusive functions and the most popular distribution rules at their fingertips for laying out hangers and supports along line-based MEP elements.
Using this BIM solution for Revit, you can select preferred hangers and the manner of distribution while the tool automatically adapts the size of hangers and their distance and angle relative to the structure. You can also predefine to which structures hangers and supports should be attached. Since MEP Hangers works with parametric families that have a standard set of specific parameters, you can distribute hangers and supports that will attach to any structure.
- Customizable rules allow you to place multiple hangers or supports on ducts, pipes, cable trays, conduits in one go. The most popular rules are already created for placing hangers or supports, but you can still modify them or create new ones.
- Hangers and supports can be attached vertically or horizontally to roofs, floors, walls, structural framing and columns from current or linked projects. The tool has no problem with sloped surfaces or sloped MEP elements.
- Hangers or supports can be distributed by fixed or maximum spacing or by connecting to every structural element above or below MEP line-based elements.
- If any changes were made in the MEP, architectural or structural models, MEP Hangers helps you update size and position of hangers with one click.
- Configure multi-tier hangers. Multiple unistrut (trapeze) hangers can be connected to the same rods, or other hangers can be connected to unistruts.
- For insulated pipes and ducts, choose whether the hanger should be placed outside the insulation or ignore the insulation.
- There are lots of different selection and filtering capabilities. Apply different rules (e.g., hanger spacing), use different hangers depending on MEP element parameter values (size, length, etc.), or set rules to filter which structural element hangers should attach to. Hangers can also extract specified parameters from their MEP elements (such as system type) and connected structures to help with filtering, scheduling or graphic overrides.
- Revit family library of the most common hangers for pipes, ducts, cable trays and conduits is provided. Tool also works with custom created hanger families that are face-based and have specific parameters.
- Extract drilling points. Our provided families are populated with such elements that enable extraction of precise coordinates of every drilling point, which can then be fed to drilling robots.
- Get accurate material takeoffs. Hanger families have a set of standard parameters to easily extract important information through Revit schedules. We use nested families that make it possible to schedule every single bolt or nut.
- Split ducts, pipes, cable trays and conduits into segments by predefined lengths. MEP Hangers offers many splitting options that follow the same rules as for hanger distribution.
- Works with Revit fabrication elements.
- Distribute hangers or supports along ducts, pipes, cable trays, or conduits that come with IFC format.
MEP Hangers BIM Solution is software for automatically distributing hangers and supports throughout a Revit® project. It is not a family library. To help new users get started, however, we provide a complementary library upon license purchase. These sample families may be used directly in a project or serve as a basis for creating your own hanger and support families.