BIM software for designing curtain walls & panels in Revit® models
Curtain Walls & Panels enables quick and easy framing of architectural curtain walls or curtain panels in Revit® with real-time full project updates. That ensures you’ll get accurate bills of materials and builders work drawings, and accurate on-site assembly thanks to BIM-to-Field features.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2021, 2020, 2019
Together with Metal Framing Wall+ functionality, which is included, Curtain Walls & Panels enables the instant large-scale insertion of mullions, transoms, window glass holders, pressure plates, cover plates, insulators and infills throughout your Revit model. Which means you’ll get high-quality framing models at the level of detail required.
Project elements can be easily marked according to properties and locations. And fabrication information can be automatically generated with all desired views, schedules, and drawings.
Automate light gauge steel wall framing in Revit® with BIM solution Metal Framing Wall+ that is powerful, flexible, and easy to use. It helps you make optimal choices, move much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to wall panel fabrication and construction. Solution supports C+C (incl. C+C Chamfered), C+U (incl. C+U Special) and U+U framing systems.
- Create detailed multi-layer metal wall framing for any Revit project in a snap using predefined or custom rules and templates.
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface.
- Easily configure supporting structure, openings, complex L or T connections, details, service hole positions, and more for straight or arched light-frame walls.
- Automate sheathing layouts.
- Frame architectural curtain walls with highly detailed elements (including mullions, transoms, window glass holders, pressure plates, cover plates, insulators etc.) efficiently.
- Frame curtain panels (including complex fills & internal frames) precisely.
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules.
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit or exporting your metal frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process.
- Generate shop drawings and cut lists with one click.
- Get real-time take-offs and views, auto-sorting and dimensioning, and optional export to any CNC machines (Howick, Metroll, Pinnacle, etc.).
Renumber Revit® elements just the way you want, detect and renumber grids, determine swing direction and orientation (and add them as properties), recalculate shared coordinates, and much more.
- Detects grid geometry and automatically renumbers them after any project change.
- Renumbers of any Revit elements (Doors, Windows, Columns, Pipes, etc.) in a number of different ways.
- Writes swing direction for the doors into the door’s properties.
- Writes flip/mirror orientation for the selected elements.
- Creates new shared parameters, recalculates shared X, Y, Z coordinates.
- Possibility to save numbering settings under the separate name.
- Possibility to sort elements in Ascending/Descending order, and many more functions.
Solution Smart Connections instantly adds any number of face-specific intelligent details – which adapt to host-element changes – throughout BIM models. Easily set up rules to insert or adjust details based on gravity point, depth, adjacent elements, and more. It saves many hours per project, especially for structural engineers.
- Easy setup of insertion rules.
- Insert details on any face of host element.
- Use parameters of host elements to make your details smart and adaptive to host length, thickness, height, etc.
- Insert details according to gravity point.
- Insert details based on surrounding elements.
- Save time by using update and modify options.
- Use interaction with Smart Assemblies to prepare shop drawings.
Want to find out if this is the right solution for you? Our professionals can help you quickly find out how this software will benefit your design process.
To properly assess the software, you’ll need sample families, sample configurations, and personal training with our engineers. For that we offer a Paid Trial* that includes:
*For more information, see our FAQ page.
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
NASH Standard – Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
NASH Standard – Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
Building Enclosure Design Guide– Wood Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings. Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
Learn more about the AGACAD products by reading our selected brochures.
Latest related posts
- Modeling Curtain Walls & Panels in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Curtain walls continue to please and perform in modern ‘Crystal Palaces’
- AGACAD Solutions Compatible with Revit 2021
- Curtain Walls & Panels in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Curtain Walls & Panels in Revit 101 [WEBINAR]
- Adeon CZ signs on as AGACAD partner for the Czech Republic
- WEBINAR: Curtain Walls and Panels – from Design to Highly Detailed Frames in Revit®
View all »