Since MEP Hangers has been entirely revamped, we’re hosting a webinar to show how it improves productivity in Revit, from laying out supports and hangers in your Revit project to exporting to a Total Station.
Our BIM application engineer will walk through a building model and show tons of new features at your disposal. Definitely worth attending!
Here’s a look at the general workflow he’ll show:
- Combine multiple detail families to create a hanger/support assembly.
- Lay out hangers, stands, or supports on MEP and connect to any LINKED structural elements.
- Get all shop drawings and schedules.
- Export connection points to Total Station.
Along the way, see these features in action:
- Split ducts/pipes/trays/conduit with a union family.
- Space hangers evenly for a whole run of ducts/pipes/trays/conduit.
- Auto-find any object around MEP and connect hangers to it.
- Automated LOD 400 modeling.
- Rooftop stands.
- Split ducts/pipes/trays/conduit to manufacturer’s length.
- Automatically find details in one element and place them in the same location in another.
Jokūbas Vaišvila | BIM Application Engineer & Certified Revit Professional
BIM software for fast precision layout of hangers and supports
MEP Hangers enables the instant large-scale insertion of hangers and supports for ducts, pipes, cable trays, and conduits throughout a Revit model. The software uses simple yet highly flexible rules to select the relevant MEP systems and add (or modify) the needed hangers or supports with their various connections. They can be distributed as a fixed number per segment or based on the distance between bearing points. MEP Hangers also splits ducts, pipes, cable trays, and conduits into predefined lengths as needed and marks all service components for fabrication. For on-site precision and efficiency, it exports bearing points to Trimble or TopCon tools and drilling robots.
Related blog posts:
- ‘Building BIM Together’ in Qatar, Kuwait & Bahrain
- Use MEP Hangers with Revit set to other languages
- More AGACAD Tools in the Autodesk App Store!
- WEBINAR: Automation of Complex MEP Hangers and Supports in Revit
- July 2017 Newsletter
- Q&A: How do you create a combined duct-pipe hanger?
- Q&A: How do you keep hangers attached to a structure that has been updated?
- Smith Brothers: “Smart Hangers took our hydraulic projects to a new level”