Complete Metal Wall Frame Creator for Revit®
Metal Framing Wall+ automates light gauge steel wall framing work in Revit®. Powerful, flexible, and easy to use. It helps you make optimal choices, move much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to wall panel fabrication and construction.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2022, 2021, 2020
- Create detailed multi-layer metal wall framing for any Revit® project in a snap using predefined or custom rules and templates; solution supports C+C (incl. C+C Chamfered), C+U (incl. C+U Special) and U+U framing systems
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface. Read more>>
- Easily configure supporting structure, openings, complex L or T connections, details, service hole positions, and more for straight or arched light-frame walls
- Automate sheathing layouts
- Frame architectural curtain walls with highly detailed elements (including mullions, transoms, window glass holders, pressure plates, cover plates, insulators etc.) efficiently
- Frame curtain panels (including complex fills and internal frames) precisely
- Freely revise your Revit model with simple selection of the elements and properties you want to modify
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules
- Generate shop drawings and cut lists with one click; get real-time take-offs and views, auto-sorting and dimensioning, and optional export to any CNC machines (Howick, Metroll, Pinnacle, etc.)
- Wall frames update and adapt according to every change
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit or exporting your metal frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process
Customizing a header, sill, or top-pate support in Revit used to be the stuff of dreams and fairy tales.
You can now create custom headers, sills, and top plate supports in your metal or wood framing project!
Key features of Metal Framing Wall+:
- Flexible modeling of metal studs, deflection tracks, bracings, bridgings, noggings, straps, equipment supports, and more
- Fully scalable: from simple structures to complex multi-level buildings; irregular wall shapes
- Easy transfer framing elements between same groups or identical walls in different levels of buildings by predefining what elements building designer is going to affect: all walls from the same model group, from the instance model group, or selected wall should be unique in the building
- Framing types easily linked with wall types; can be preset for bearing or non-bearing walls
- Precise framing of Curtain Walls and Curtain Wall Panels using Extra feature
- Complex multi-layer wall framing: unlimited number of layers; layer-specific settings for connections (L, T, V, and End); recognition of inner/outer corners
- Complex headers and sills for windows, doors, and other wall openings; settings can be preset for different opening sizes
- Automated details (anchors and bolts, clip angles, service holes, etc.) on studs and plates
- Quick alignment of metal studs or opening cripples with trusses or other frames
- Support of curved walls
- Wall frame can be modified any time and supplemented with additional members
- Built-in clash detection between structural and engineering objects; automated wall openings and flexible framing around it
- Sheathing layouts can be easily generated and split by existing studs
- Library of all main types of wall framing can be edited and expanded
- Automatic sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling (including mass) of all frames and sheathing layouts
- Shop drawing views and schedules are added automatically to the sheets according to user predefined template
- All templates and rules are fully customizable; framing, sheathing, and shop drawing configurations can be save for future projects and shared between company team members
- Easy setup, user-friendly interface with intuitive mouse-driven menus and options
- Optional CNC output enables your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
NASH Standard – Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
NASH Standard – Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
Building Enclosure Design Guide– Wood Frame Multi-Unit Residential Buildings. Homeowner Protection Office (HPO), Vancouver, Canada, 2011.
AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
Part of the AGACAD Metal Framing Wall, a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit and the insights of global BIM experts. (Metal Framing Suite is also available for purchase — CONTACT US.)
- Effective Design. Few easy steps are all what it takes to configure wall framing for one-click metal wall framing.
- Smart Modification. After framing a wall, changes and tweaks can be made very handily.
- Design Evaluation. Fast wall framing made in early project stage helps the user to make better decisions comprehensively. Evaluate every detail of the project; find the best alternative for the project. Material take-off, shop drawings, views are real-time so there is minimum risk of errors.
- Speed. Easy setup, templates, user friendly interface, and fast framing generation make user built framing in a fraction of the time required before. System is very scalable so there’s no difference if you generate 10 or 100 walls; it only takes the computing time for that.
- Completeness does the modelling of framing, tagging of elements, dimensioning, and scheduling with a single solution. Complete the process in one place.
- Saves Lots of Time. Metal Framing Wall+ is built for quick project development. Standardized and automated wall framing and shop drawing generation enable users to jump a few major steps in building design.
- Shop Drawings on the Go. Shop drawings are produced, almost at the same time, as you frame your first wall. Easy to make templates allow user to forget about this process. Check if everything is alright in the end, adjust a few things and you’re ready to deliver your project.
- Easy-to-Use User Interface. Everything in Metal Framing Wall+ is a mouse click away. Choose what has to be modified and click the function which is comfortably listed in a handy menu.
Architect at ECOliving, Ecuador
Metal Framing: "We are very happy and pleased with the AGACAD software, it has helped us all through what we have needed to do, and the most important part is that with AGACAD we can get the constructive blueprint of elements we are going to use in the whole structure, definitely a software highly recommended if what you need is related to Steel framing."
Virtual Design/Construction Specialist at United Building Solutions, USA
Metal / Wood Framing software: "The custom join tool has a really nice user interface. I’ve used one in the past that ended up being trial and error because the UI didn’t help the user understand what changes they were making. I’m happy to report that I was able to adjust my first join within minutes! I was also glad to see the preview adjust with each change and how each item drop down option made sense with how the items moved.
Great solution, I’m excited to set it up in my project! Your team does great work!"
Latest related posts
- Wood/Metal Framing for Revit: The most significant enhancements of 2020
- Framing Openings in Revit Easily Using the Cut Opening Tool [WEBINAR]
- Best Practices for Starting to Frame in Revit [WORKFLOW]
- New Wood/Metal Framing Version: Framing in Groups, Part Assembly Creation for All Framing Layers, Floor and Roof Dimensions and more
- AGACAD Solutions Compatible with Revit 2022
- The Best and Fastest Way to Start Framing in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Smart Views Activation Instructions for Current Users
- New Smart Views Tool Released for Revit Users
- Latest Advances for Wood & Metal Framing in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Revit Relief: Flexible Terms for Leading BIM Solutions
View all »