Impact of Metal Framing solutions on sustainability
Facade engineering is an important area for sustainability advances in construction. Revit add-ons for curtain walls and panels and for ventilated facades facilitate communication and coordination in building projects, as well as integration of a building’s skin with other building systems.
Some key sustainability benefits of AGACAD’s tools for facades:
- 3D modelling helps to see more design options and achieve better efficiency.
- Precise geometry ensures accurate bills of materials, so only what is needed is procured, helping save resources and avoid waste.
- Model accuracy ensures quality documentation and helps identify errors during the design phase, which means fewer mistakes and less rework during construction.
- Much better management of project information means that for any design changes, take-offs update automatically, avoiding rework and orders of unneeded materials.
- Models enable a paperless building process and the use of augmented and virtual reality on site, with drawings no longer needed for control or as-built deliverables.
Learn more about the impact of AGACAD products on sustainability in this document.
AGACAD White Paper: A Key to More Sustainable AEC Development