Frame metal flooring systems & flat steel roofs in Revit® BIM models reducing costs of engineering, design, and waste
Metal Framing Floor makes metal framing of floors fast and easy with real-time full project updates in Revit®. Plus it generates views with automatic dimensions for floor panels or segments as well as accurate bills of materials and shop drawings. So quality production and accurate assembly on site are ensured.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2022, 2021, 2020
Connectors, cuts, supports, and other details can be distributed based on predefined rules or connection types. They can then be modified or updated to suit the project design stage and the level of detail required. Floor frames and the layout of frame elements and details can be modified and updated whenever the project is changed. Dynamic update functionality can make changes to all floor frames of the same type at once.
Floor frame elements in the project can be easily marked based on their properties and locations in the floor structure layer. And information for fabrication can be automatically generated with all desired views, schedules, and drawings for each floor segment or panel.
Automate metal framing of floors in Revit® projects. Solution Metal Framing Floor+ is powerful, flexible and easy to use. It helps you make better decisions, move much faster and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to segment fabrication and construction.
- Auto-generate detailed multilayer floor framing for your Revit model using predefined or custom rules and templates.
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface.
- Easily control supporting structure, including battens and flooring; distribute details, service holes and more.
- Automate sheathing layouts.
- Freely revise your Revit model by easily selecting the elements and properties you want to modify.
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules.
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit, or export your steel frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process.
- Easily prepare shop drawings and cut lists, with all required views, where elements are dimensioned, sorted, tagged, scheduled, and mass calculated.
- Optional export to any CNC machines and CAD/CAM production lines, such as WEINMANN, Randek, etc.
Floor Panel Layout
Takes the architect’s designed floor and automates panel layout planning. The software draws symbolic lines to indicate the future panels according to predefined rules. Then it creates real Revit® floor panels.
- Panel Layout Planning includes functions for better understanding how the floor will be divided. Users can control every division line and automate the division process by predefined rules.
- From the beginning, the architect’s designed floor can be divided into coarse partitions, or Regions. Regions can be created automatically by using Floor edges and supports (split lines), and also by Generic or System Openings with predefined distances.
- Regions can be divided into Panels by predefined spacing.
- Panels can be aligned, modified by selected floor face, and additionally split.
- Various automated splitting functions facilitate the process: users can split the panels in half, by maximum spacing, by middle to both ends, in middle and to both ends, from first selected, or from both ends.
- Selected Regions or Panels can be joined, if needed.
- Creates individual panels for the selected floor face or for the whole floor.
- These entire floor Panels can later be moved into the new phase through its Properties for better filtering and scheduling.
Generate metal truss systems instantly, perform structural analysis, and auto-generate shop drawings tailored to your standards. Functions are versatile, parameters are easy to control, and changes occur in real time.
- Build full truss systems in one go with the configurable 3D grid (escaping the limited and time-consuming nature of standard Revit truss family insertion).
- Easily assess options – such as light gauge truss framing – in economic, structural or systemic terms, to make the best decisions.
- Create new parametric uniquely shaped truss families based on model lines and roofs for immediate use in your projects.
- Freely revise your Revit model; update and adapt truss systems.
- Get real-time take-offs and views, automatic creation of shop drawings and cut lists, and easy export to CNC machines.
Automatically creates openings (with fire safety components as well) throughout a Revit® model where ducts, pipes, cable trays and conduits intersect with walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, beams and columns. Cut Opening creates openings with special holding details for structural beams.
- Automatically adds openings with predefined sizes in accordance with MEP line based element sizes, categories and system classifications
- Automatically joins openings with predefined configurations
- Automatically inserts Fire Dampers where ducts clash with walls, floors, ceilings or roofs with fire rating
- Automatically inserts structural openings for separated architectural and structural models
- Enhance BIM-team work and deliverables for integrated project delivery (IPD)
Renumber Revit® elements just the way you want, detect and renumber grids, determine swing direction and orientation (and add them as properties), recalculate shared coordinates, and much more.
- Detects grid geometry and renumbers them.
- Renumbers grids automatically after they have been changed in the project.
- Powerful and flexible functions allow renumbering of any Revit elements (Doors, Windows, Beams, Columns, Pipes, etc.) in a number of different ways.
- Writes swing direction for the doors into the door’s properties.
- Writes flip/mirror orientation for the selected elements.
- Recalculates shared X, Y, Z coordinates.
- Possibility to save numbering settings under the separate name.
- Possibility to sort elements in Ascending/Descending order.
- Creates new shared parameters, and many more functions.
Get sections and elevation drawings for any building element easily using functions that create views and dimensions for selected elements quickly.
- Uses configurations instead of manual work
- Crops views to the element size
- Creates automatic dimensions based on defined configurations
- Applies view templates to all new views
- Creates the number of views you set in the configurations for multiple selected elements
- Renames views based on configurations
- Apply dimensioning rules to any Revit view or selected elements in view
Want to find out if this is the right solution for you? Our professionals can help you quickly find out how this software will benefit your design process.
FRAME YOUR PROJECT!
Don’t waste time reading technical documentation, and see that this is the solution for you! Our Expert will frame a part of your project, demonstrate software functionality, and share best practices and the most efficient way of framing, taking into account your current needs.
Duration: 2 hour. Cost: 250$/250€
You’ll leave the demonstration with:
– Part of your project already framed;
– Your questions answered;
– 30-day software trial;
– Support during the trial period.
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
AISI S100-07/S2-10, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members with Supplement 2. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI S200-07, 2007. North American Standard for Cold-Formed Steel Framing – General Provisions. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
NASH Standard – Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 1: Design Criteria. 2010.
NASH Standard – Residential and Low-rise Steel Framing, Part 2: Design Solutions. 2010.
AISI D110-07, Cold-Formed Steel Framing Design Guide, 2nd Edition. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
AISI D100-08, AISI Manual, Cold-Formed Steel Design. American Iron and Steel Institute, Washington, DC.
Pinnacle CNC Machine Specifications
Metroll Manufacturer and Supplier Resources
ClarkDietrich Steel Framing Product Specifications
Learn more about the AGACAD products by reading our selected brochures.
Engineer at Morphy • Makofsky, Inc.
"I was able to make an extremely difficult project a success with the help of your team."
Latest related posts
- AGACAD Solutions Compatible with Revit 2022
- The Best and Fastest Way to Start Framing in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Smart Views Activation Instructions for Current Users
- New Smart Views Tool Released for Revit Users
- Latest Advances for Wood & Metal Framing in Revit [WEBINAR]
- Revit Relief: Flexible Terms for Leading BIM Solutions
- Wood/Metal Framing in Revit: New Version, New Features [WEBINAR]
- New Version of Wood/Metal Framing: Plate Connections, Cripple Control & more
- Framing Metal Walls, Floors & Roofs in Revit: Modeling & Documentation [WEBINAR]
- AGACAD Solutions Compatible with Revit 2021
View all »