The main module of Revit® application Smart Browser: BIM Manager
This module consists of two tools: “Smart Browser Manage” and “BIM Tree Manager”. BIM MANAGER module has the fullest functionality starting from company library creation and ending with real-time extensive management of all elements present in an active Autodesk® Revit® project. The BIM MANAGER module will save weeks of work when it comes to Revit family library creation and full control of all family parameters inside the created libraries and in ongoing projects. Users with this module can control how a company library is seen and whether it is accessible to other project participants.
Benefits that Smart Browser BIM MANAGER version brings to the table:
- Revit family library creation containing single or multiple folders
- All thumbnail preview in a single window
- Parameter preview of any selected family even before it is loaded into a project
- Ability to choose which family types should be loaded into a project
- Personalized organization of any created Revit family library
- Modification of library families in batch, which includes:
- Changing Family Name, Type, or Category
- Applying formulas to rename Family Type
- Controlling Parameter names, values, grouping
- Modifying material and OmniClass parameters
- Adding Subcategories
- Preview, addition, and control of formulas
- Adding family and shared parameters
- Replacing shared parameters with family parameters
- Tracking changes
- Exporting any set of information (SOI) to Excel as a summary table
- Changing family units en masse
- Resaving multiple Revit projects and families to current Revit version
- Classification of library elements by creating Mark values according to user defined rules
- Project family browser with thumbnail preview of all families present in project
Everything a BIM manager would need to work with Revit family library is packed into one solution. Simple to use and perfect for company data organization and optimization, Smart Browser allows created libraries to be shared with other project participants, ensuring that all work is done in a consistent and controlled environment.
Important note is that starting with Revit 2019 version and onwards, additional feature was injected into Smart Browser BIM MANAGER known as “Sort Mark”. This tool, which allows to auto-sort and create item-specific numbering for any element in Revit project, is now made to also function with library elements. Create specific marks by using your own defined rules based on any element’s parameters. This is a perfect addition especially to those, who want to classify their Revit library elements, keep that work consistent, and decrease time cost of these tasks.
In the next topic, we will talk about our “BIM Tree Manager” tool, which is included in Smart Browser – BIM MANAGER module and is made for working with all elements used in an active project by accessing both shared and family parameters from a project environment.
If you are new to Smart Browser, we invite you to check out this application for Revit by taking a 14-day trial.
And for those who are already using Smart Browser, the AGACAD team stands ready to work closely with you to ensure less stress and more productivity working with Revit models. We value every client, striving sincerely to satisfy each one’s individual needs. Read more >>
CONTACT US to get personalized support.