Exporting Wood/Metal Framing BIM Models from Revit to CNC Machines or CAD/CAM Production Lines [WEBINAR]
In this free, 30-minute webinar on May 6th, we’ll go through how models of wood- or metal-framed constructions can be exported from Revit to various CNC-machine-readable formats and CAD/CAM automated production lines. We’ll talk about some of the most popular formats, their setup, possibilities, and usage. The webinar will cover regular framing, heavy timber, and panel (for example, CLT) exports.
The results you’ll see are several file format exports from some Revit models. Later, those files will be viewed in different production simulators or viewers that have been provided by machinery manufacturers. Also, we’ll compare and contrast exported data with the information in the Revit models.
Engineers, BIM Managers, drafters, builders, and especially manufacturers, we hope you’ll join in this free webinar. It’s for all AEC industry professionals involved in designing or manufacturing small- and large-scale buildings in which various timber and/or LGS framing technologies are used. The webinar will be held twice, so please register below for the session that’s more convenient for you.
Topics to be covered:
- CNC machine-readable formats commonly used by AGACAD clients
- Exporting timber or metal models to various CNC machine-readable
- Showing parameter values in exported files and where they are taken from in the Revit model
- Exporting complex timber connections for some specific formats
of the exported data in various
simulators and viewers, used by manufacturers
Our framing software for designing timber floors, walls, truss & rafter roofs in Autodesk Revit makes framing fast and easy. Distribute connectors, cuts, supports, and other details by the batch-load based on predefined rules or connection type. Modify and update in real time to suit the project design stage and the LOD required. Generate views with automatic dimensions as well as accurate bills of materials and shop drawings. All that ensures quality production and accurate assembly on site. Plus your model can be exported to various CNC machines and CAD/CAM production lines.
The same goes for our Metal Framing BIM Solutions for Revit.
We hope to see you online!
Interested in precast concrete parking garage design or managing Revit family libraries?
Those topics are also in this webinar series:
Tuesday, May 5 | Managing Revit Family Libraries with Smart Browser
Thursday, May 7 | Designing a Precast Concrete Parking Garage in Revit
Download our TOOLS4BIM Dock (it’s free), and take a trial of our Wood Framing or Metal Framing BIM Solutions for Revit PLUS get instant access to our free extensions: Cut Opening Free, Smart Select, and Smart Browser Free.
Related blog posts
- Today’s BIM-to-Fabrication Framing Solutions: An Interview with Renata Jociene
- Carbon Dynamic’s DfMA-level CLT Revit models benefit greatly from unique BIM software [CLIENT STORY]
- AGACAD becomes Autodesk AEC Industry Partner for Wood Framing
- AMV House thanks AGACAD for efficiency and customization gains in its prefab timber homes [CLIENT STORY]
- BIM for Prefabricated Construction: Tools & Vision
- Silent and Sustainable. The Beauty of Building Prefabricated Houses
- Wooden Houses in the USA: A Centuries-Old Building Tradition
- Bela calls AGACAD metal framing & CNC solutions the “lifeblood” of its building design business [CLIENT STORY]
- A-BET gets competitive boost in panelling, framing, BIM to fabrication with AGACAD solutions [CLIENT STORY]
- Wood Framing & Metal Framing in Revit: the most significant enhancements of the year (Feb 2019–Feb 2020)
- “AGACAD framing tools let us confidently take on more complexity” – United Building Solutions [CLIENT STORY]
- “My productivity rose 60% with AGACAD’s framing tools” – Preconstruction with Stiles LLC [CLIENT STORY]