How to place 64 Peikko lifting inserts from ProdLib in Revit – with one click [VIDEO]
Last week I posted about how to insert shoes for precast concrete columns from ProdLib libraries efficiently in Revit. Again, shout-outs to ProdLib for their great BIM content libraries and to Peikko for making their structural connections for precast concrete available for us designers to use in Revit.
This week I show how you can manually place Peikko lifting anchors and make modifications VERSUS how you can place them and change parameters automatically using our Precast Concrete BIM design software. Hope you will find this useful!
- Load lifting family from ProdLib.
- If the Revit family doesn’t snap to the wall face, just modify it using the Family Editor.
- Change category.
- Let’s place manually and change some parameters.
- Let’s automate the detail insertion process! Use the Smart Connections tool that’s part of our Precast Concrete BIM software.
- Create a new configuration to place lifting families relative to the center of gravity.
- Repeat on the side of the wall.
- Apply the configuration to all walls.
- Modify the configuration so that details on the wall edge will be oriented correctly…
- Update All…
- ⚡️Presto! All details are inserted based on wall shape and size. For future walls, just run the configuration to insert all those lifting anchors with JUST ONE CLICK!
Be sure to check out the product libraries for architects and structural engineers that ProdLib has compiled and does such a great job of keeping organized and up to date. They’ve got over 16,000 products from 70 manufacturers!
Peikko has a wide range of products for precast connections for foundations, columns, beams, slabs, walls, balconies, lifting, and transportation as well as reinforcement systems and more. Check ’em out!
Related blog posts
- Designing Precast Concrete Parking Garages in Revit [WORKFLOW]
- How to insert Peikko or Anstar column shoes from ProdLib library in Revit [VIDEO]
- Manufacturers, we need you in BIM!
- Rebar Sets for Wall Reinforcement in Revit [NEW FEATURE]
- BIM Is Very Good for Precast, Revit Is Ideal: An interview with Valensas and Donatas (CEO, AGACAD)
- AGACAD launches rebar-modelling automation for Revit
- Kerkhoff Engineering continues to find ever more advantages in AGACAD’s Precast suite [CLIENT STORY]
- New Beam Reinforcement extension for Revit users
- @Revit 2020/2019 users: Free Dynamo scripts for wall rebar [Free Download]
- AGACAD becomes one of Autodesk’s first AEC Industry Partners for Precast Concrete design in Revit
- Dutch firm’s precast work gets a major boost from AGACAD BIM software and support [CLIENT STORY]
- BIM solution Precast Concrete delivers new features
- How to Create Concrete Details for Precast Sandwich Walls
- Savolainen: Precast suite has “game-breaker” BIM tools [CLIENT STORY]
- Precast Concrete Update: New possibilities for precast structures and special workflow for parking garages
- Hanssen: Smart Assemblies is a “critically important tool” [CLIENT STORY]
- Norconsult: “The Precast Concrete suite brought efficiency and flexibility” [CLIENT STORY]
- An overview of modeling precast slabs, walls, columns & beams in Revit
- How to prepare and use Revit schedule tables in Smart Assemblies
- JPS-Konsult: “We’re hooked on Precast Concrete and other AGACAD solutions” [CLIENT STORY]