Generate shop drawings in Revit® automatically with corresponding views & dimensions
For metal, wood, precast concrete & other structural projects
Smart Assemblies speeds up production of assembly documentation in Revit®. This plugin creates selected views, rules-based dimensions, and assembly sheets you need for combinations of structural and architectural elements.
Smart Assemblies overcomes limitations in Revit functionality so that manufacturers and on-site personnel can generate shop drawings easily.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2022, 2021, 2020
Smart Assemblies creates not only assemblies and corresponding views from the selected constructive Revit elements but also automatically generates dimensions in views by predefined rules.
Smart Assemblies combines multiple hosted or nested concrete and steel elements into a single entity and automatically generates shop drawings with the needed views and sections, proper dimensions, text tags and schedules under user’s predefined rules in shop drawing configuration. It also updates existing shop drawings if any changes are made to the project.
Automation of shop drawings with AGACAD’s Smart Assemblies, a BIM solution for Revit, has given Hanssen Pty Ltd, a Western Australian firm, a competitive edge in its design-and-construct projects for mixed-use high-rise buildings.
Structural Engineers Smart Assemblies creates selected views and schedules with selected templates, adds dimensions, and places views on sheets automatically.
Automatically adds all host elements to the assembly
Uses configurations instead of manual work
Creates views applying different templates automatically
Creates different schedules according to schedule templates automatically
Creates dimensions with notes in selected views automatically
Places views on sheets automatically
Multiple assemblies with defined configurations can be created with a single click
Check status, update, edit, and change dimensioning configurations of selected assemblies easily
Update assemblies according to project changes.
Select/find/isolate primary and secondary assemblies.
Find changes in assemblies due to the new hosted details.
When making shop drawings Smart Assemblies recognizes changes made by Smart Connections solution for quick detailed modeling
Precast Concrete enables you to quickly and easily model prefabricated concrete walls, floors, and columns and get full project updates in the Revit platform in real time. Create element views with automatic dimensions, and generate bills of materials and shop drawings for quality production and accurate assembly on site.
Want to find out if this is the right solution for you? Our professionals can help you quickly find out how this software will benefit your design process.
- Incredibly Speedy. Smart Assemblies enables you to prepare shop drawings for many selected elements.
- Hundreds of hours per project saved. Revit users will save hundreds of hours per project using Smart Assemblies automation of shop drawing creation. Users will not need to add dimensions manually anymore!
- Easy Updates. If there are changes in the project, the user just needs to select the assembly and update it with the “Update Assembly” feature. BIM solution Smart Assemblies will update it according to dimensioning settings that were adjusted before.
- Easy Control Process. Smart Assemblies shows the situation with all created assemblies in a separate convenient dialog. At the same time user can see the list of elements that are not yet assembled. Such elements can be filtered and assembled with one click.
- Error Prevention. Every assembly is displayed with a separate color that indicates the status. User can easily understand what assemblies are up-to-date or should be updated. All assembly updates happen in the real time that allows to avoid mistakes and to control all process of shop drawings creation easily.
- Easy to Use User Interface.
Technology Process Manager for Hanssen PTY LTD, Australia
"We’ve been using ‘Smart Assemblies’ at Hanssen Construction since it’s early inception and consider it to be a critically important tool in our business for the production of shop drawings. AGACAD were great with requesting our feedback during its development phase and since adopting it in our office their support has been amazing . What makes it so powerful is it’s open/sandbox design, the users imagination and willingness to experiment are it’s only limitations. We are impressed with how ‘Smart Assemblies’ has enabled our different departments to solve problems and increase drawing outputs. I would absolutely recommend T4R software and support for any company working with shop drawings."
Construction Engineer at Insinööritoimisto Savolainen Oy, Finland
"Sort Mark is an essential tool when creating complex structural elements with lots of components that all need to be numbered.
Smart Assemblies is an essential tool in creating and managing assemblies. Without Smart Assemblies’ dynamic smart assemblies update making changes to multiple similar assemblies would be impossible. There’s lots of setting up to do but after you’re set, creating shop drawings becomes very easy."
Latest related posts
- AGACAD Solutions Compatible with Revit 2022
- Smart Assemblies Now Supports Automated Views for Casework in Revit [NEW FEATURE]
- Main Benefits of AGACAD's Wall Reinforcement Revit Tool
- How to Dimension Reinforcement for Precast Elements in Revit [VIDEO]
- QR/Barcode Generator added to Sort Mark Revit Tool [NEW FEATURE]
- Most Important Updates for Precast Concrete of the Past Revit Year
- Revit Relief: Flexible Terms for Leading BIM Solutions
- New Features for Smart Assemblies: Reinforcement Dimensioning Settings
- How to Rotate Revit Assembly Origin Automatically for Precast Sandwich Walls [VIDEO]
- Reacticon’s Joonas: AGACAD Precast Suite Unlocks Revit’s Potential
View all »