Learn & explore Smart Assemblies
Get started today! Watch step-by-step video tutorials
Prepare elements before working with Smart Assemblies (4:38 min.)
This video explains how to start the project from the beginning and how to prepare your hosted elements according to mandatory requirements.
- Step 1: Draw Structural Walls
- Step 2: Add Doors, Windows or other Openings
- Step 3: Disallow Joins
- Step 4: Add Area Rebar
- Step 5: Add Structural Metal Connections
Create the Assembly and manage dimensioning rules (6:05 min.)
Steps to create first assembly and modify view templates with dimensioning rules are presented in this video.
- Step 1: Add Mark values for every main element (Wall, Floor, Column, Beam, Foundation)
- Step 2: Create Assembly
- Step 3: Adjust View Templates
- Step 4: Update Assembly with modified view templates
- Step 5: Edit Dimensioning Rules
- Step 6: Update the Assembly with modified dimensioning rules
Preparing shop drawing sheet template (3:48 min.)
Assembly Sheets are automatically generated by predefined user template. User can point where exactly every assembly view or schedule has to be placed.
- Step 1: Make your own schedule template
- Step 2: Define this schedule as a template
- Step 3: Update Assembly with modified schedule
- Step 4: Add Assembly views to the sheet
- Step 5: Select this sheet as a template
- Step 6: Create new Assemblies
What happens if you make any changes in your Revit model? (0:56 min.)
If there are any changes with existing assembly, you just need to update it with “Update Assemblies”. Smart Assemblies will update all views, schedules and sheets.
- Step 1: Edit Assembly
- Step 2: Update Assembly
In case you have any questions, please submit a request form.