The Ultimate Timber Wall Software for Revit®
Wood Framing Wall+ automates wood framing work with walls in Revit® projects. Powerful, flexible, and easy to use. It helps you make optimal choices, move much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to wall segment fabrication and construction.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2021, 2020, 2019
- Create detailed multilayer timber wall framing for your Revit model in a snap using fully customizable rules and templates
- Frame multi-story houses 10 times faster than using standard Revit interface. Read more>>
- Control stud, nogging, bridging, blocking, bracing placement, diverse openings, configure complex L or T connections, details, service hole positions and more
- Auto-distribute nailers, siding, and fastenings
- Create all log house elements and group (pack)/number them automatically
- Freely revise your Revit® model, with simple selection of the elements and properties you want to modify
- Find structural and engineering clashes; cut and frame openings according to predefined rules
- One-click generation of shop drawings and cut lists; get real-time take-offs and views, automatic sorting, dimensioning
- Optional export to any CNC machines and CAD/CAM production lines, such as WEINMANN, Randek, etc.
- Wall frames and shop drawings update and adapt according to any changes
- Perform structural analyses without leaving Revit or export your wood frames to external analysis software at any stage of design process
Part of the AGACAD Wood Framing Wall, a dynamic set of solutions which leverage the full potential of Revit and the insights of global BIM experts. (Wood Framing Suite is also available for purchase — CONTACT US.)
Selected additional Wood Framing Wall+ features:
Flexible modeling of timber studs, plates, bracings, bridgings, noggings, metal or wooden straps, equipment supports and more
Fully scalable: from simple structures to complex multi-level buildings; irregular wall shapes
Easy transfer framing elements between same groups or identical walls in different levels of buildings by predefining what elements building designer is going to affect: all walls from the same model group, from the instance model group, or selected wall should be unique in the building
Framing types are easily linked with wall types, can be preset for bearing or non-bearing walls
Complex multi-layer wall framing: unlimited number of layers; layer-specific settings for connections (L, T, V and End); recognition of inner/outer corners
Complex headers and sills for windows, doors and other wall openings; settings can be preset for different opening sizes
Automated details (hangers, ties, anchors and bolts, clip angles, service holes, etc.) on studs and plates
Bridging/nogging/blocking: full placement options; continuous; secondary
Nailers: vertical and horizontal
Siding: vertical, horizontal and mixed; two-layer siding with user-defined spacing
Logs: full placement control, profiles can be edited
Quick alignment of timber studs or opening cripples with trusses or other frames
Wall frame can be modified any time and supplemented with additional elements
Built-in clash detection between structural and engineering objects; automated wall openings and flexible framing around it
Sheathing layouts can be easily generated and split by existing studs
Library of all main types of wall framing can be edited and expanded
Automatic sorting, tagging, dimensioning and scheduling (including mass) of all frames and sheathing layouts
Shop drawing views and schedules are added automatically to the sheets according to user predefined template
Framing, sheathing, and shop drawing configurations can be saved for the future projects and shared between company team members
User-friendly interface with intuitive mouse-driven menus and options
Optional CNC output (Hundegger, Randek, Weinmann, …) to joinery machines and multi panels production lines enables your model data to be automatically exported to manufacturing
Developed in compliance with standards and guidelines:
Eurocode 5: Design of timber structures – Part 1-1: General – Common rules and rules for buildings (EN 1995-1-1:2004: E)
Standards Australia AS 1684.2-2010 Residential timber-framed construction
Standards Australia AS 1720.1-2010 Timber structures – Design methods
New Zealand Standard NZS 3604:2011 / Timber Framed Buildings
CWC (Canadian Wood Council) Wood Design Manual including CSA O86 Standard and CWC Commentary on CSA O86 (2010).
National Design Specification® (NDS®) for Wood Construction (NDS 2015). American Forest and Paper Association (AF&PA). American Wood Council, Washington DC, 2015.
The Encyclopedia of Trusses. Alpine Engineered Products, Inc., 2003.
Truss Design Procedures and Specifications for Light Metal Plate Connected Wood Trusses / TPIC – 2014. Truss Plate Institute of Canada (TPIC), 2014.
Using Narrow Pieces of Wood Structural Panel Sheathing in Wood Shear Walls. American Plywood Association (APA), The Engineered Wood Association, Tacoma, Washington, 2005.
- Saves Lots of Time. Wood Framing Wall+ is built for quick project development. Standardized and automated wall framing and workshop drawing generation enables users to jump over a few major steps in building design.
- Shop Drawings on the Go. Shop drawings are produced almost at the same time you frame your first wall. Easy to make templates allow user to forget about this process. Check if everything is alright at the end, adjust few things, and you’re ready to deliver your project.
- Easy-to-Use User Interface. Everything in Wood Framing Wall+ is a mouse click away. Choose what needs to be modified and click the function which is comfortably listed in easily operated menu. Workflow was tested with untrained professionals who helped to optimize and find the perfect solution for you.
- Completeness does the modelling of framing, tagging of elements, dimensioning and scheduling with single solution. Complete the process in one place.
Virtual Design/Construction Specialist at United Building Solutions, USA
Metal / Wood Framing software: "The custom join tool has a really nice user interface. I’ve used one in the past that ended up being trial and error because the UI didn’t help the user understand what changes they were making. I’m happy to report that I was able to adjust my first join within minutes! I was also glad to see the preview adjust with each change and how each item drop down option made sense with how the items moved.
Great solution, I’m excited to set it up in my project! Your team does great work!"
Latest related posts
- Wood & Metal Framing in Revit: 5 New Features
- Wood & Metal Framing Wall software for Revit: Framing in Groups [New Feature]
- Wood/Metal Framing in Revit: New Version, New Features [WEBINAR]
- New Version of Wood/Metal Framing: Plate Connections, Cripple Control & more
- Perpetual Licenses of AGACAD BIM Solutions for Revit up to 50% off until Christmas
- Thorn Engineering values AGACAD as a partner in its timber framing work
- Build SMART boosts CNC performance for walls with switch to AGACAD BIM tools
- Revit Massing (Pt. III): Applying Geometry to Masses
- From Conceptual Mass to Shop Drawings in under 30 minutes [VIDEO added]
- Framing with CLT Panels in Revit [WEBINAR]
View all »